He has more than 10 years’ working experience as a M&E Specialist with different national and international NGOs/Donors/Government line departments like UNDP, WFP, UNICEF, DFID, Oxfam Novib, Diakonie, ISCOS-CISL, USAID, Relief International, National Rural Support Programme, AJK Rural Support Programme and government line departments of AJK etc. He has also worked with grassroots level community organizations for their strengthening, capacity building and developing their linkages with different donor agencies for fundraising, developing M&E system, manuals, M&E tools, baseline and end line surveys, impact assessment, fundraising, proposal writing, budgeting, and linkages development with donors.
He had designed framework and tools for conducting institutional assessments of organizations and managed to conduct institutional assessments of 202 CSO/NGOs/private companies. He also carried out M&E function and implementation of 279 grants of an amount USD 25 Million implemented by 202 CSOs under USAID Citizens’ Voice Project. He had developed linkages with different donor agencies, developed and submitted project proposals, log frames and M&E plans, and coordinated with donor agencies for approvals/awarding grants which were later approved by donors.
Having expertise of Project Designing, monitoring, evaluation, Developing Performance Management Plans (PMP), Logical framework Analysis (LFA) and M&E System, data management and data analysis, survey, research, baseline surveys, evaluations, impact assessment and reporting, here are some of the major assignments completed,
- Developed M&E manual, Performance Management Plan, M&E methods and tools for USAID Citizens’ Voice Project (USAID funded USD 45 million project)
- Developed 5 years strategic plan of AJK Rural Support Programme
- Conducted End of Project Evaluation on Social Mobilization, Funded by NRSP/EU
- Assisted the evaluation team who conducted following project evaluations,
- Oxfam funded livelihood project, AJK
- Oxfam funded health advocacy project, AJK
- Oxfam funded community based disaster risk reduction project, AJK
- Oxfam funded project for persons with disabilities, AJK
- Conducted baseline survey of flood 2010 damages to educational institutions, AJK
- Conducted impact assessment studies on role of School Management Committees in AJK
- Developed Behavior Change Communication policy for AJK Government (under UNICEF funded project). I was also part of team who developed water and sanitation policy for AJK Government.
- Conducted case studies/evaluation of 100 most vulnerable families (orphan, widows, elderly persons) in AJK with NRSP to determine the results of WB/PPAF funded Reconstruction & Rehabilitation Project in AJK.
- Prepared annual report of AJK Rural support Programme
Mr. Zafar U Ahmad
Monitoring & Evaluation expert
He has previously done assignments for the Planning Commission and the Ministry of Finance on the Medium Term Development Framework and Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper/plan, five year plans; planned and coordinated nation-wide community consultations. He was a member of the MTDF working groups on rural development, special and less developed areas, social protection and public-private partnership, He has 25 years’ experience in socio-economic development and has worked with ADB, DfID-UK, EU, Oxfam-Novib, ILO and RSPs, among others. He has a Masters’ in International Development (planning) from Cornell University as well as a Master’s in Management.
Mr. Sardar Mohammad Siddique Khan:
He has previously worked as a Secretary State Department of Local Government and Rural Development, Secretary State Department of Education, Secretary State Departments of Forest, and also hold higher level positions of number of other departments of Government of AJK. He also formulated the water and sanitation policy for AJK and during this formulation closely coordinated with government stakeholders, UNICEF and other key stakeholders. He has vast experience of implementing similar projects funded by World Bank, UNDP, UNICEF, Government of AJK etc.
Mr. Aziz Ahmad:
He has more than 10 years of experience in Project Design, Programme Planning, Development and Management, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting with I/NGOs. He has previously done assignments on disaster risk mitigation and humanitarian response with Diakonie (in Pakistan and Haiti), Oxfam, National Rural Support Programs and Islamic relief. After earthquake 2005, he coordinated and implemented different rescue, relied, recovery and rehabilitation projects funded by Diakonie, Oxfam, WFP, UNDP, UNICEF, ROTARY INTERNATINAL, FAO, USAID.